Monday 1 July 2013

Made it to Banff

Well, it's all over and what a great experience it was. We finished GearUp4CF with a 150km ride from Invermere BC to Banff AB.  We couldn't have asked for a better way to end the trip; the weather was perfect and the vistas were incredible.  We were greeted at the "Welcome to Banff" sign by our friends, family and supporters.  I was thankful to have my wife, daughter, mother-in-law, two sisters-in-law and niece cheering me along the whole way.  They had been tirelessly following the ride along for seven of the nine days, shouting words of encouragement from the car window every time they passed us.
GearUp4CF was definitely the trip of a lifetime and much more that I expected.  I went into it thinking it would be a great excuse to raise money for a great cause while spending time doing what I love.  In the end it was the off bike time that made the trip what it was.  The friends that I have made and the fun that I have had over the past nine days will stay with me for a long time to come.
Thanks you once more for all of your support.
Clarke.


No comments:

Post a Comment